What will the spring bring weather-wise? Check back in about three months and we will know for sure, but in the meantime, NOAA has released its spring outlook to give some idea of general precipitation and temperature trends for the spring.
- Favors warmer conditions for the three-month period overall for nearly all of south central Nebraska and north central Kansas
- Anticipate the April, May and June average temperature to be above normal
- Highest chances (50%) for above normal temperatures are across north central Kansas
- Equal chances for above, below or near normal precipitation
- No strong trends to “tilt” toward above or below normal precipitation
- Expect typical spring variability in precipitation in April, May and June
- Drought may expand slightly further north into parts of north central Kanas and possibly extreme southern Nebraska.
Links to more information (maps, videos, explanations):
Video explanation (2:34): https://youtu.be/B27D6jH4Udg
Maps & explanation: https://goo.gl/MvB76o (or climate.gov and choose lead story)